Thursday, May 15, 2014

Review: L'OREAL Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer


Now I'm not much of a primer girl.  I have never really seen the purpose for them since most of them are to control oil and minimize pores, which are two things I've never needed to fix.  After seeing a couple of reviews about this L'OREAL Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer ($12.99) by some ladies with drier skin I knew I needed to try it.  I've put it to the test for the past two weeks and here are my thoughts. 

C L A I M S
- "boost's skin natural luminosity"
- "skin texture is smoothed & toned to provide a perfect canvas" 

P R O S
- skin is left very smooth
- makes foundations look more luminous (perfect to pair with matte foundations to keep from looking flat and cakey)
- doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy
- makes foundation last longer
- pump makes for easy and hygienic application

C O N S
- smells like plastic 
- if you use a whole pump it can leave your skin looking grayish 

(get ready for very large pictures of my arm/hand that look like I'm 400 lbs)
(it's really hard to take pretty pictures of your hand -- props to hand models)




I really like this primer! I would recommend it most to dry skinned girls because as you can see from the second picture it will create a very glowy complexion.  If you have oily/combination skin and still want to try this out I recommend only placing it on the tops of the cheek bones and down the bridge of the nose to avoid your oily and more porous areas or mix half a pump with your matte foundation to create a luminous complexion while still controlling the oil. 

How do you feel about primers?
Tell me your faves or fails below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment