Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Inside My Beauty Boxes: Ipsy


June's theme for Ipsy was "On the Wild Side."
The bag was an adorable leopard print with neon green zipper, 
which is now currently my makeup bag for my purse.  
This month's products focused on battling the summer heat while still looking fierce. 

Full Size

I have heard great things about NYX cream blushes and when I saw I was getting one in my Ipsy glad I was ecstatic! But to my great sadness  I didn't receive the pink shade they showed in my bag preview.  Bronze Goddess is a dark bronze shimmery cream blush and for a fair skinned lady, it was just not going to work.  I tried and tried but it only made my face look muddy. 

Rating: 1 star

Full Size

I have been dying to try out some gel eyeliner and this one has great consistency and even comes with a handy brush in the top, meaning it is great for travel!

Rating: 5 stars

Full Size

This is comparable to Benefit's High Brow.  I love this product it is perfect to clean up under your brows and to place in the inner corners, the bridge of the nose, and the tops of the cheekbones for extra highlighting. 

Rating: 5 Stars

Full Size

Cream Glitter? Just, no.
....
Well, maybe for Halloween.

Rating: 0 stars


Full Size

I liked the formula of this pencil a lot.  It was creamy and smooth, but like the NYX blush I was disappointed when I didn't receive the pink that was previewed.  The "Bare" shade is a browny, pale, grey (if that's even possible).  I don't think this will get much use from me. 

Rating: 2 stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retail Price: $61.49 (full size)
Box Cost: $10
Full Size Products: 5

The winner of the June 2013 Inside My Beauty Boxes is


(Check out my Birchbox here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment