Saturday, July 27, 2013

Inside My Beauty Boxes: BIRCHBOX


July 2013's theme was Powerplay.  
Birchbox teamed up with USA Network's tv series "Suits" to find products that were able to stand up all day without having to fuss with streaking mascara, melting foundation, or oily moisturizer.


Full Size

Sample Size
$3.30 for 30 ml/1 oz

I was excited to see this in my Birchbox this month because I had seen it before and it had a great reviews. It worked well but definitely not as great as my DevaCurl, but this is definitely a great budget-friendly alternative. 

Rating: 3 stars

Full Size
Acne Control Treatment - $44 for 1.7 oz/ 48 g

Sample Size
$12.94 for 0.5 oz/ 14 g 

I don't struggle with acne one bit so this product was quite useful this month.  But I did like the consistency and smell of this cream.  It also has great reviews.  After reading a good chunk of them I can definitely feel confident in suggesting this to someone who struggle with acne and redness. 

Rating: 4 stars

Full Size

Sample Size
$4.40 for 0.018 oz

I love getting theBalm cosmetics in my Birchboxes.  They have quickly become my favorite brand of makeup.  This blush did not disappoint. My one word of caution is to use a light hand when applying or you might look like a clown.  This blush has incredible pigmentation and lasting power.
Win and win. 

Rating: 5 stars

Full Size
Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream - $48 for 50 ml

Sample Size
(couldn't calculate this one, probably around $10 for the sample)

This cream is ridiculously moisturizing.  It is a miracle product for my dry patches.  The cream has a very light and thin consistency, so it doesn't feel like your'e putting Vaseline on your face. 

Rating: 5 stars

Full Size

Sample Size 
$1.66 for 2 

This was this month's Beauty Extra and I absolutely adore it! I received the blue ones and want to wear them with everything.  They are very strong and don't slip out of place all day.  For only $5 for a full size I will definitely get the others soon. 

Rating: 5 stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retail Price: $129 (full size) $22.30 (sample size)
Box Cost: $10
Full Size Products: none

Come back soon for a look inside my Ipsy box and find out who won this month!
You can read last month's posts here and here

If you have Birchbox and Ipsy, which do you like better?

No comments:

Post a Comment